Monday, November 16, 2009

Ain't got no home

11/16/09: Being bad at travelling is alot like being in a video game. The metro stations here are so many levels, I feel like im in one of those terrible rpg games where you just keep going one level down in the same dungeoun or whatever. Except sometimes in real life, you get to a level where there haven't been any trains in a hundred years and its just one homeless guy in the dark. Also, I have been saved many time while lost by just running into a random metro station out of nowhere. And I just take it back to the station where I started from and try to find out where i am going again. Its kind of like losing a life.

Met some Americans today. They were teaching English, and somehow spoke less Italian than I do even though i speak zero. I wish I didnt say "the worst" so much so that I didn't have to call them worse than the worst. They couldn't understand why I would want to be in Rome just cause. Eh. It was at least nice to talk. Im such a talker in life, and its been really rough not vocalizing anything over this last week.

Some more fashion and lifestyle highlights:
- Those super puffy jackets like the kind Missy Elliot wore in the video are really big here. Its been really nice weather the last few days, but I guess this is there winter, so everyone wears their heavy jacket to show it off.
- Giant noses abound
- Making out for real for real in public is a thing. Except they are really bad at it. So much sucking faces off. The girls do this funny thing where they look up at the sky and refuse to kiss back, presenting their neck like some kind of bird or omg I get to say it "FangBanger"!!! even though that isnt real here.

No comments:

Post a Comment