Saturday, April 25, 2009

How to meet Internet Celebrities

4/25/09: Big day today. Rob woke me up pretty early (10:30) so we could go play magic cards together like the buds we are. I slept in my contacts for the first time, which was a pretty No Fun April thing to do. It made my eyes hurt so much but Rob gave me his special "Jewish" (?) eye drops, which I never used, but which helped in the moral support department. I forget sometimes how much we are basically BFF. Today while playing with new magic cards, this very very strange thing happened where we both misread all of the same cards in exactly the same ways. This is hard to explain if you don't understand what a magic card is but its kinda like if we both misread a particular sentence in a book the wrong way. And then another one a hundred pages later also in exactly the same way. And again. Rob says we think the same and therefore we both want magic cards to work the same way. We also made up some new inside jokes to add to our canon.

Thad's pizza party was okay but his friends are all married and old. There were some highlights though like finding someone who wants to take some old NES video games off my hands, and seeing Stephanie, who I have a connection with, or maybe I am making that up and she is just super charming in which case its exactly the same thing only I am happy just to see her.

Then I ate bad Vietnamese food. But guess who with? The girl who wrote Obama Girl!!! And box in a box!!! Not Lying! In retrospect, I am pretty disappointed that I didn't brag about this in real life today cause its awesome.

The Club Lyfestyle people really have it right. All people need is a tiny bit of context to get a party going. Just pick something and make everyone do it and then people will have something to do together. Pretty quickly they will make new friends, get excited about partying, whatever etc. and then everyone actually gets what they came for. Tonight's context was face-painting, only I got myself in trouble by getting a very intense look. When I went to KFN, the bouncer said I "looked like [I] just made out with a mermaid."

I am sure lots of other awesome things happened, but I have been getting requests to keep it brief, so you don't get to hear about them.

6 comments:

  1. 1. Who the hell told you to keep it brief? This is my favorite blog. I want more.

    2. That's hilarious about OG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. List of people that asked me to keep it brief: Rob, Sarah, Julia, DanK, Sue, maybe more

    ReplyDelete
  3. unless they meant "not talking about sports or economics," because i always skip that

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't want you to keep it short. i like your blog more then having to actually talk to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i forgot about our conversation about the nes games. give me a call so i can come pick them up. btw- nice blog.

    ReplyDelete