Saturday, April 11, 2009

Its not wasting weekends if you don't have a job

4/12/09: New section: "Sweet Dreams": I had a sweet dream. I was working on a sketch comedy show and I made up this scene that starts with two guys talking as they walk into a bar/club/whatever kids call them. The one complains about cover or whatever and the other pulls out a marker and puts X's on their hands and explains that you just show your hand and walk in. But as they get to the door they realize the line is around the block. They try the trick but the bouncer is drawing a super complicated (a pirate ship fighting at sea in my dream)painting on a girl's hand. The people behind her in line are complaining about missing the band and he is taking out new colors and tools and brushes as someone with a landscape on their entire arm walks by and flashes it to the bouncer. When I woke up I was so proud of this and though it was kind of an elegant sketch comedy bit.

Also: later I realized that often in dreams I am one layer removed from the action. Like in this dream, I work for a comedy program instead of being in the scene. Or before I dreamt about buying made up movies at a big box store. The movies played out in my head in the dream, but I wasn't in them. I was in the big box store remembering ads I had scene for the made up movies. Don't know what that means.

Today was no fun, despite a valiant effort. When I got to south philly brunch, only the home team was left, plus Dan, who did lots of hanging and going out today. I was proud of him. I absolutely crushed CD in Wii Tennis, probably because he was a little tipsy. Then this weird thing happened where people would leave to buy consumer products, ask for company, lazies would decline, they would come back, and then someone else would leave by themselves to get something else. Andy somehow tricked me into going to the pharmacy to buy him Clariton D, which I guess because of meth they have behind the counter. But the phamacy was closed. So the nice clerk grabs the pharmicist as he is walking out the door, and he grabs me a box. But then she can't scan it. She tells me she can't sell it to me. I tell her to rip the upc off, I'll give her cash, steal it, and she can ring it on Mon. after Easter. No dice. No Fun. Sometimes you can't win in April. So I go back a failure only to be resuckered into going to a different pharmacy where the 14 year old Asian pharmacist (?) grills me really hard (I.d., questions, signing a form, etc) before selling me 5 allergy pills. Andy rewards me by putting on a Barbs musical, Sue starts demanding material possessions, so I make up an excuse to exercise (maybe a new thing when I get bored) to just ride my bike up to my house and back with Godfather movies, magnetic knife strip things, steak. I also conviently get to not watch musicals. So that happens. Of course its super windy and not a fun day at all to ride. No Fun April. When I get back down South, Sue is asleep and Andy went to eat with suprise guest of the evening. I do get to see M. exercise a bit, which is awesome and includes mean women yelling at you about your "love/hate relationship with working out." Then I go to Cantina where I get to see Jo and her nybf, Chelsea, and which is a good time despite everyone else drinking alot because they had food I could eat. Jo seemed happy so that was a plus too not to mention that she liked my rainbow sweater. More bike riding ensued after we bailed on James because no one could work up enough gusto to go to a metal show. Instead, I end up at another bar, celebrating Genna's Bday, playing sexy lady games on Megatouch with DanK (I told you he turned into a hanging outer today) and yelling at Sue for not being able to hear me yell at her about how to play Megatouch games which go figure, doesn't work. Deafness= No Fun.

Best part about today: My brother bought caffeine free coca-cola during the frenzy that ensued when we found .68 a two liter deal last week. I realized today that it doesn't break any rules on the list*.

Worst part about today: Mr. Crowley stole my scene and gave blood before me.

Notice how these posts get longer and longer even though I have less to say? You know what that tells me: This is becoming a legitamite blog.

*Its real. Its posted on the internet on this very site. Stop saying I can't do X. I can snort coke if I want. It's not on the list. Although, today I pulled a typical me move and said no to drugs. I always do that (literally, always. Always. I've never done drugs, like a total square), and then always regret it later.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad my dad ruined your day. Your blog is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember one time you said that blogs are no fun without pictures? I thought you were going to get on that.
    You also told me once that my blogs were too wordy to read. As a friend, I want you to know you're approaching that. You're not there yet, I'm obviously still reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also my "prove you're a real person test" to comment word was "mushoom" which is funny, especially about tonight and your last paragraph.

    ReplyDelete