Sunday, April 19, 2009

"Live Forever, Die at Home"

4/19/09: You know how sometimes Andy makes things sound really epic and how all of your friends are there? And then you show up and half of the time it is true and half the time you are in the gayborhood with the west philly scene from two summers ago at a leather bar? Last night was the latter kind of night. Trying to be natural at the bar was rough as always not drinking but the night actually turned out ok. I learned San Fransisco Alex lives in NoLibs in an awesome party/punk house with a great backyard, I got to see Alene and she got a promotion, and from remarks that were made today I apparently got a little of my game back. This wasn't totally shocking news when I learned about it today however: I surprised myself by initiating thumb war (my new thing maybe to replace cards tricks and pieing. Its a pretty good move. Its innocent and fun. There's touching and competition involved. Plus girls are pretty bad at it so you look good either winning or letting them win.) with a tall girl that we met when Andy introduced us to her even though he didn't know her. Anyone else when they get really sloppy and tired at a party gets on my nerves, but Andy just turns into this sweaty mess that I guess I don't mind for the same reason people don't mind a puppy. He knocks stuff over and is a little gross and clumsy, but if you are focusing on that you are just missing the point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-bSd2lAwGA

No real video for this gem. But this youtube special has a lot of good features like Russian subtitles, that thing where the text of the lyric pops up on important words, and very fast edits from other tupac videos.

I am rediscovering a lot of my old vegan tricks. I starting doing this thing that I used to do at
Deep Springs all the time: eating bread and butter (margarine) with a cup of tea. I didn't get it then and I still don't but it dulls my ache for a bit with carbs and warmth. Decaf tea is okay. I can't even tell the difference really.

Despite these retro technologies, I've also been cheating alot, and that's just cheating myself, my blog, and No Fun April. Got to get back on track even if it means no ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. 1. I think what gets me in trouble is that I always say "everybody's gonna be there" when I mean "like thirty to forty of my friends that you personally may or may not care about hanging out with."

    2. Tall girl is Liz. I know her cause she's the new Foodery person; I just didn't really know her name or anything about her. Recently I've learned that the only way I'm ever gonna remember anybody's name (especially if I meet them when I'm drunk) is to introduce them to a bunch of people and say their name like a thousand times. Also, she's not really all that tall; you were just sitting down.

    3. What you said about me being a drunken puppy is fine and kind of makes me feel loved, but fair is fair: I was sweaty that night but not a mess, at least by the time we got to NoLibs. I wasn't even drinking.

    4. If you really wanted to do a good teasing, you could have talked about somebody coming over and sitting in my lap.

    ReplyDelete