Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Why does God let good things happen to bad people?

4/22/09: Its no secret that I've been feeling really low lately. Still no word on whether its No Fun April related. But today was very flat and dull and lame and boring and I was really down and feeling very trapped in my life and very alone and then I got home and got two emails with the best titles ever: "Invitation to Pro Tour Honolulu- DCI Rating (T)" and "Invitation to Pro Tour Honolulu- DCI Rating (C)." For the purposes of this blog, you don't need to know the difference between total and composite rating or even why rating is important. All you need to know is that I am so good at Magic that the powers that be think that I should be invited 3 times over. And now I feel like who cares if I am not in a good place and am lonely because at least I'm a rad planeswalker.

My brother and I have a funny laundry situation. We have a working washer but no dryer. But we also have lots of apartments and residences of other sorts coming into and out of our lives pretty frequently. So we just take laundry with us to the job site (or in my case, even if I'm not going to do any work) sometimes and throw in a load. Apparently my brother did this at my grandmother's house, which the family is selling and which my brother fixed for free so it would sell. And then he forgot about them and they have been there for maybe two weeks or so. My aunt, on seeing the clothes in the laundry because she was visiting the house because she has nothing else to do, called my mother in a worry. My mom told her that they were probably ours and that she would ask us about it. My aunt then informed my mother that she took the clothes back with her to N.J.! You know, to make things easier for everyone. Welcome to the Kolos family. Where that is the most elegant solution to the "oh no, there are clothes in the clothes dryer" situation.

The El Camino is gone forever. Thanks for nothing Ian.

2 comments:

  1. 1. We have clotheslines in our living room cuz I live where hippies live.

    2. WE'RE GOING TO HAWAII???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would think as an economist, that you might realize that taking clothes to another house, even if you were already going there for some reason, may not actually be the best way to utilize your time and resources. It's problematic, even before aunts kidnap socks.

    ReplyDelete