Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Trolley Works Only? Really? What does that even mean?


4/8/09: I had an interaction today with the No Fun Most High: PPA. It goes without saying that it was No Fun with a capital F and that I didn't make very much money at work(pending a No Fun April project, see below). Whenever I have to deal with these kinds of people in life, it makes me want a racket of my own. Did you know that piracy is the number one export of Somalia? People actually pay the ransom to get their ship back! Seventy Million Dollars last year. It sounds outrageous, but is it really that different from getting your car towed? Anyway, the only way I came up with to put a No Fun April touch on the situation was to contest the ticket so I could spend more time with the most beloved institution in the city. I will keep you updated on how little fun it is.




Special Sports Section: The Phillies game today reminded me just how much I love walks. Its my second favorite thing in baseball, after getting hit with a pitch [because you don't have to rely on the ump]. I also realized that doing nothing is the dominant strategy in lots of other American institutions like Poker (folding), or the blues (8 bars that repeat and never go anywhere). For such an industrious people (compared to the napping Spaniards or the sissy French who both play never-stop-running soccer) we have lazy past times. I'm not knocking it, but it is certainly the exception to the rule and a very American thing. Can you imagine playing a chess variant where 90% of the time the right thing to do is pass the turn with no play? Only an American game could work that way.








2 comments:

  1. we are a country of lazy people. the laziest, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, we invented rap, too: they don't even sing.
    l a z y

    ReplyDelete