Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Of all the loves I've had, I miss coca-cola the most

4/1/09: Today was no fun. I did not witness, experience, or even hear second hand of one single good April Fool's joke. In fact, my only contact with the holiday at all was Cindy Keyser complaining about Gmail's failed attempt on Facebook. No fun. Then it rained all day. Then I worked from 4 til 1:30 which included being around a bunch of rich drunk people who couldn't hold their booze and carrying heavy tables through catacombs underneath a restaurant that used to be a bank. I had intense caffeine headaches all day, which is what I expected to be honest. This girl texted me to see what I was doing after three days ago telling me that she didn't want me to contact her because she didn't want any kind of relation with me. Girls can be no fun. Right now I am eating spinach leaves and ice water. I am starving but all the food in my house breaks the rules. Rules are no fun. The only good news is that my brother is really taking to No Fun April and is saying things like "you look like you're having too much fun, you should probably stop it now" or "no, you can't have your computer, its less fun for you if I hog it."

1 comment:

  1. TEN FUN THINGS THAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT

    1. Isn't it fun to see CK? And to blog about her?

    2. Should I help you out by asking for rides/money/your car/gay sex all the time?

    3. Wouldn't the entire enterprise have been jeopardized if you had actually seen/heard a good April Fool's joke?

    4. Reading lists is fun. STOP

    5. Fully committing yourself to this endeavor and saying "this is no fun" all the time but secretly looking forward to the day when you can brag about your no-fun month is fun in a whole lotta ways, kinda like people who say they're into "masochism" but really, they're having fun doing it, so they're not harming themselves, they're benefitting themselves. All human action is based on selfishness, even so-called acts of sacrifice, right?

    Hey wait, philosophy is pretty fun, isn't it?

    6. What about attention/being a minor internet celebrity? No fun? Or fun?

    7. What about remembering people's blog comments so you can talk about it later? That's all I do in life, because it's mad fun.

    8. I think you like complaining. I think it's fun! For you!

    9. Love you, Conrad. Wait I hope it wasn't any fun to hear that. Sorry! Oh shit, getting apologies from people is fun too. Dammit! I'm a bad friend :(

    10. "Some of them want to be abused." - Some really fun band

    ReplyDelete