Saturday, April 18, 2009

"So what do you do with your time?"

4/18/09: More crushing despair. With that out of the way, let's move on.

I took a big bike ride today down through the city to Forman Mill's (5 dollar hoodies!), 26.99 sneaker place (no luck unfortunately, but new laces brighten up old kicks like some Cinnamon in your cup of decaf) and IKEA (makes me feel like I really have my act together when I pretend to care about domestic banalities, but I usually just scope it out and see what I would buy if I was a more important person). When I got home, I was inspired to figure out how good cycling is for the waistline. Mapquest distance? check. ask google how many calories? 2,250. REALLY? I commenced in eating my new food: weird "salad" thing with chopped up veggies and chickpeas in pita bread. Less fun then what I want to eat, but it reminds me of being a vegan for some reason which is fun.

Also on feeling like the person I used to be, I played guitar today! Nothing awesome to report on the song-writing front but still, remember when I used to care about it? Also related, I forgot to mention earlier this week that rain-check finally paid off. AAA batteries for .89? Thanks Pathmark. I also learned that it takes the clerk about 1 minute to enter in a raincheck for each scan. I bought the max (4 packages); I felt a little guilty as he was frantically typing and swiping and such. This is related to guitar if you remember because of guitar tuner. So cheating on that again was pretty awesome because I am a terrible musician probably due to something you are familiar with, namely, being a terrible listener.

New section: A link to a video of a rap song that I like and wish people played at parties more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbzYXQpdUfU

Reports about the death of the El Camino might have been exaggerated. Jay as usual might come to rescue on this one. I'll try to keep you informed.

One last thing. Full disclosure. Looking back I realize I have already broken every rule except 3: cartoons (which was a joke because I don't watch them anyway), alcohol (the thing I thought about quitting first that led to No Fun April and therefore its focus), and first dates (who am i kidding?).

1 comment:

  1. read my student's american cowboys or indian essay. i think you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete