Saturday, April 4, 2009

I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to believe in Karma, right?

4/4/09: Last night the universe decided that I was trying to cheat. People were hanging out at Andy's, and I decided that it would be no fun to ride my bike to West Philly because it was super windy. The universe thought otherwise. It interpreted my actions as an attempt to have fun and rewarded me with a flat tire. So after Sue and Jay both decided that helping me would probably be bad for my character, I got to walk home from the Convention Center. I drove to Andy's anyway and nothing else bad happened except finding out that I am the fattest person in the world.
Today i realized why I haven't worked on a weekend in five years. Weekends are supposed to be fun. Working sucked.
The wildcats lost. So no crazy novaheads being superfans. No fun.
Also, Andy's literal interpretation of No Fun April is catching on like Wildfire. Donna was very serious about the spirit of the law today when she stopped by Rustica, and almost uninvited me to her art student party, thinking it must be too fun for me. I say that as long as I follow the rules, that's enough. First Rustica shift probably ever without free soda today. That's gotta mean something.

2 comments:

  1. I don't exactly get which part is (or isn't?) karma: that you wanted to ride yr bike in the wind (not fun) but got a flat tire (not fun) and had to drive your car (which meant walking to it, parking, giving rides and all kind of not fun things)?
    Everything is so cyclical in your plan, it's hard to understand sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that your complaint about the use of the word karma is related to the cyclical nature of events.

    ReplyDelete