Thursday, April 30, 2009

We live with the choices we make

4/30/09: Lazy day today. Spent most of it being very sick, sleepy, and then watching some movies. Its the last day of the month and I wanted to make up some conclusions, there being none that arise naturally, to inject some literary meaning on this contrived endeavour.

Cons: I didn't lose as much weight as I would have liked. I didn't learn anything about myself of anything silly like that. I had a much reduced amount of "good times" at a few choice events due to my level of sobriety. Siobhan never got around to pranking me by getting girls to call me in order for me to turn down first dates. I am certain I will be hooked again instantly if I ever smoke a cigarette (which i probably will). It always came up at social events and wasn't an easy thing to explain or interesting to talk about, so I always just came off as a bore.

Pros: Writing makes you feel like your life matters more in the same way that people remember events better when pictures are involved. It might end up being one of those things that people get to tease me about forever.

Conclusion: I wouldn't do it again, but you can't blame a bored kid for trying to spice his life up (although choosing dullness as spice is a risky choice at best).

Sorry for never getting around to buying a digital camera. But what was I really going to take pictures of anyway?

If I can get over this flu, maybe a get-together is in order tomorrow as a celebration to the end of No Fun April.

2 comments: